6.29.2007

GH ~ The Next Love of Sonny's Life

Lily, Brenda, Carly - the loves of Sonny Corinthos' life. I thought there was only one love/person for everyone. Sonny must be special because now he has a love we never knew about - Kate Howard aka Connie Falconeri.

Isn't she just a breath of fresh air? There are numerous new characters brought on to each soap opera, and many do not go over well with fans. For whatever reason they just don't work. But Kate Howard is one of the few that works quite well. From day one she's been riveting. She's one of the best new characters I've ever seen on GH. And I'm baffled by how much I like her.

I am not a Sonny lover by any means, but I'm also not a complete Sonny hater. He's on way too much, and I'm not a fan of mobster crap. But I love him with Carly and as a father. And I'm enjoying him with Kate. The fact that she's only connected to Sonny would state my non-interest in her right off the bat. However, a different side of Sonny is released when they're together. He is extremely likeable with her; no one can deny that. Sonny does not need yet another love interest, but she is good with and for him.

Comedy has entered the mob boss' life, and it's been such a joy. Sonny and Kate = bickering to the max! They are perfect for General Hospital, which is usually dark, depressing, and violent. They just keep bumping into each other and messing with each other's lives. How many times has Sonny ruined Kate's moving? Broken statues, wreckage from Michael & Morgan, and other unexpected surprises. Fabulous! And she sabotaged another quickie between him and Amelia by flaming up the smoke detector. Wonderful!

New is good. New character. New love. But as viewers know, Kate is not so new to Sonny.

Connie Falconeri was Sonny's high school sweetheart girlfriend, and she left him to pursue her career dreams. Now together again they've got spark and spunk. Kate wants to leave her Connie days and manners behind, but Sonny won't let her. He knows the real her, and he's not buying the facade that is Kate Howard. They have a good dynamic and an intriguing relationship. Comedy is not their only strong point. They've got chemistry.

Sonny is still interested in her even if he doesn't know it. Kate is denying her interest in him, but it is painfully obvious she's jealous of all women in his life. Why else would she set off that smoke alarm? They so want each other. Sexual tension is in the room whenever they're together. It's only a matter of time...

Yes, I love Sonny and Carly, but Sonny and Kate are so great. I would love to see a Carly/Sonny/Kate triangle. Maybe that will happen someday. But until then, I'm fine with Carly being out of the romantic picture. Kate can be it for Sonny right now.

My final word for this entry is: I am loving Kate Howard! Kudos to the writers and her portrayer, Megan Ward!

No comments:

Post a Comment