6.25.2007

ATWT ~ A Grand Return

Here's some news:

Cady McClain is coming back to As The World Turns as the popular spitfire Rosanna Cabot. Her taping begins in late June. Her first airdate has yet to be announced, but she should be back sometime in July.

My reaction: Whoohoo!! I am so excited! I don't know if her return is truly needed for the show right now, but as a Cady McClain fan I'm happy. She was fired from All My Children. Her character, Dixie, is dead for real, and I've given up on her ever returning. Thus, I'm all for her portraying Rosanna again. She's a wonderful actress, and she'll get much better material on ATWT than the crappy story AMC gave her. Cady's better off at ATWT. Congrats to her.

Because of the return, I'll be watching ATWT again. I watched all summer last year, and I stopped mainly because of school. This time...since I heard Carly's absense burned a hole in the show, I began tuning in a couple of days after she came back. No matter when I first tuned in, it is very important to be tuned in now in order to know everything that's going on for when Rosanna does resurface. And what will occur when that happens?

Rosanna has been in a coma for the past two years thanks to Craig. She is without her "son", Cabot, and she was in love with Paul. He was in love with her; it was quite sad for him to say goodbye and let her be shipped to Swtizerland. Things have drastically changed since then. Both Paul and Craig are after Meg. Rosanna's sister, Carly, has become a criminal; her niece and nephews have grown. There are new people for her to deal with (Vienna, Gwen, etc). She also has Brad Snyder to deal with. So many changes... Who knows what frame of mind Rosanna will be in when she awakens? Oakdale will be a whole new world for her.

And how will Rosanna return to town? Who will be there when she wakes up? What will her storyline be?

So many questions, so many predictions to make. She could still be in love with Paul and thus be sucked into a quadrangle with him, Meg, and Craig. She could be drawn to Brad and be in a huge "drangle" with him, Carly, Jack, and Katie. Or she could be completely idependent of men and fight to be at the top of the business world again.

One thing I know for sure is that Rosanna will be welcomed back by viewers. She is loved, and she has been missed. Hopefully she'll wake up as her old bitchy self, which is how we prefer her.

No comments:

Post a Comment