3.01.2008

GL - Beth Ehlers' Response

Beth Ehlers (Harley), Ricky Paull Goldin's costar and close friend, has sent an email to fans replying to Ricky's departure.
Here is what she had to say:

Hello Everyone,

How can we say goodbye to Ricky Paull Goldin?? I know for all of you the idea of "Guiding Light" without "GUS" is unimaginable. For me the idea of "Harley" without "Gus" is unimaginable! 2008 was supposed to be the year of their reconciliation. Ricky and I both anticipated those scenes, to finally get the opportunity to fall in love again . . . for all of you. Obviously, that won't happen now. And it's a tragedy. Please know that I am as saddened, as devastated as all of you. He isn't just the love of Harley's life. He is my best friend. Please send good wishes his way! And maybe in the future, who knows . . . maybe these two people will meet again.

I can only hope . . .

All my love,
Beth Ehlers


This touches my heart so much. I love how close she and Ricky are; it always showed on screen. They will really miss working together and hanging out at the work. It's sad that even they were looking forward to Gus & Harley reuniting. It seems that they love GusH just as much as the fans do. And of course, they love their fans; they knew GusHers haven't been liking the storytelling these past couple months. They wanted to reunite on-screen for the fans, and now that won't happen. It's a devastation for everyone. But like Beth says, who knows what'll happen in the future.

Hopefully we'll get to see Beth and Ricky act together again. I'd be happy to see them together on any show, but it'd be the greatest to see them reunite on GL as Gus & Harley down the line "when" Ricky comes back. They always come back.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:17 AM

    I'm so glad I ran across your blog because I hadn't seen this letter from Beth! It'll be cool to see both her and Ricky on AMC! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm glad you found my blog too! I always love feedback and comments!

    ReplyDelete