4.11.2007

AMC ~ A Blessing

Today a child was born. And I was determined not to miss it.

I haven't been watching All My Children lately because of the Dixie fiasco, but I still care about my characters. And I have seen bits and pieces of the show when I'm home; I'm not completely against it. Yesterday I caught a quick glimpse of the ending - Krystal in labor.

Now, I love Krystal more than anyone else on the show, and it hurts to miss what's happening with her. But I also still hurt from what AMC did to Dixie and Cady. So, I'm not ready to give in and return to watching it every day.

But Dixie being gone is good for one reason (and one reason only)... Tad can be with Krystal again, especially since her baby is his. I've always enjoyed them together; they have magic. I was so pleased when I read that the baby's Tad's instead of Adam's. Not only is it great drama but it also sets a bond for Tad and Krystal. So, because of that and because I love Krystal, that baby is very significant to me. I think usually all soap babies are; the birth of a baby takes viewers away from drama and gives characters happiness. But the children of my favorite characters are especially important.

And seeing Krystal in labor yesterday... I could not miss the birth of her second daughter. Today being a Wednesday meant that I could only see half of the show, and man, was I lucky! Soaps typically drag out deliveries till the end of the show, but that wasn't the case here. Sure, it was an intense situation; Colby had to play doctor and the baby was stuck at one point. But it went smoothly, and it was over by mid-show.

Nothing is more precious than seeing a mother bond with her child for the first time. Watching Krystal with her new adorable baby was beautiful. But there are no rightful words to truly describe their moments together. It was just...pure sweetness and pure innocence. I could not miss it for anything in the world. It made my day a happy one.

JR and Babe showed up, and the family bonding continued. Despite any bad things going on, JR; Babe; Colby; and Krystal bonded together with the new baby. How sweet to see JR smiling and Babe meeting her new sister.

Next, mother and child made it to the hospital, which is where Tad was. I couldn't see, unfortunately, but I could hear through the radio...Tad seeing his daughter for the first time. I'm sure baby's first moments with Daddy were just as special as first moments with Mommy. I wish I could have seen them, but I'm lucky I saw her arrival.

The baby's name was going to be Charlotte, but that's when everyone thought she was Adam's. Surely she'll be given a new name.

And I don't think things have been too good between Krystal and Tad lately, but their daughter has the power to bond them like never before. Here's hoping for some sweet family scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment